To Submit an RFP
- Print the Request for Payment (RFP) Form and fill it out
- Submit the completed form with all original receipts glued on to a piece of A4 paper, and submit it to Marilyn Tan at the Dean of Students Office
- All reimbursement requests must be supported by original receipts and submitted within 30 days of the incurred expenses
- Reimbursements that do not have a receipt, have receipts that cannot be read (i.e. faded), or are submitted late will not be reimbursed
- All expenses must be claimed within the same semester it was incurred
Deadline for Semester 1 is 1 December; Semester 2 is 2 May; Summer is 15 August
- If a student or student organisation has challenges meeting the 30-days or semester deadlines, please contact Petrina Loh, the Manager of Student Organizations in advance.
- Reimbursements for hospitality and gifts require additional supporting documents. Please check the financial processing guide.
- Reimbursements can only be made by the student who made the payment. If you are claiming on behalf of a student organization, the treasurer must log these endorsements into OrgSync prior to submissions
Vendors can bill the student organisation through an invoice. NUS has a standard payment term of 30-days credit for all vendors.
Invoice(s) must be made attention to:
Student’s address in residential college
Attn: <Name of student organization/event>, <name of student>
Essential Parts of the Invoice
- E-invoices must say “This is an e-invoice, no original copy will be sent/This is a computer generated invoice, no signature is required”
- The student must submit the invoice(s) in person to DoS promptly, and indicate (i.e. counter sign) that the invoice amount has not been paid previously
- Procedures that are not followed will cause delays in payment to the vendor
- If you are claiming on behalf of a student organization, the treasurer must endorse on the invoice(s) and log these endorsements into OrgSync prior to submission
- Petty cash requests should only be made when necessary and is subject to the availability of funds
- It is only applicable for reimbursement amounts up to $100.
- The reimbursement requests must be supported by original receipts and submitted within 10 working days of the expenses.
- Requests for reimbursements that lack a receipt or have receipts that cannot be read (i.e. faded) will not be reimbursed.
- The claim can only be made by the student who made the payment.
If you are claiming on behalf of a student organisation, the student organisation treasurer must log these endorsements into OrgSync prior to submission.
Online purchases can be made using a corporate card and is subject to the availability of the card’s credit limit. Please email Petrina Loh, the Manager of Student Organisations to indicate the purpose of purchase, estimated amount, and WBS to be charged to. If there is enough credit limit for the purchase, please meet the cardholder in person to make the purchase.
Any purchases above $5,000 require a procurement process that takes at least 1 month to process, and usually goes through a few edits before submission for approval. Please contact Petrina Loh, the Manager for Student Organisations at least 1 month prior for any intention of spending $5,000 and above.