Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For Student Organisations Events and DOS Sponsored Community Events
How do I book campus spaces?
Where do I go if I need A/V?
- Email email@example.com to create a reservation in advance if you need an adapter, speakers, microphones, etc.
- Proceed to the library (Level 1 in East Core) to pick up your equipment from the Office of Educational Resources and Technology.
- Contact Adi in the Arts and Media department (6601 5123) during weekday office hours if there are any pressing issues with A/V.
Do I need approval from the Campus Events Approval Committee for my event?
- Most student organisation events are considered “Business As Usual” unless it is large-scale, involves external partners, receives external sponsorship and/or collects registration fees. Please refer to the full policy here.
Where can I find funding for an event if I am not in a student group?
What is the process of seeking external sponsorship for my events?
- Please send the sponsorship letter and list of organizations you intend to approach to Petrina Loh, Manager of Student Organisations, for approval prior to approaching the organizations.
- More information here, under Solicitation of Donations.
How can I pay or make claims for my event expenses?
Can I pay a student for student organisation event-related work?
- No, only under special circumstances. For more information, please approach Petrina Loh, Manager of Student Organisations.
Can I pay a speaker an honorarium?
- Please seek approval from the DOS Office by contacting Petrina Loh, Manager of Student Organisations. Submit a request with the speaker’s background, why you would like them to speak at your event, and a quotation.
- A maximum honorarium of $500 may be granted.
How can I purchase Yale-NUS corporate gifts?
- Approach Marilyn Tan at the DOS Office and request for a Corporate Gift form. Complete the form and collect the items (subject to availability).
- Payment will made from your student organisation budget. No cash payment will be accepted.
Am I allowed to use the Yale-NUS wordmark & mascot in my event publicity?
- Please approach Public Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org) for approval before producing and distributing publicity materials or collaterals with the Yale-NUS wordmark or the College’s name.
- More information here, under Use of Yale-NUS Word Mark and Logo.
How can I get reimbursed for printing for my Student Organisation or Community Event funded by DOS (Using RICOH/school printers)?
- Before printing, label your document as “StudentOrg_PurposeforPrinting” e.g. “TheFifthWall_MusicalTryoutsPoster”
- Print out your printing log from this website, log in using EXXXXXXX and password. https://printers.yale-nus.edu.sg:9192/user
- Bring the printed log sheet and fill out a RFP to submit to Marilyn Tan at DOS
- Students organisations can spend up to $30 per semester on printing from their allocated budget
CATERING AND BUS VENDORS
What catering vendors could I use?
- Please ensure that your food vendors has a valid NEA License.
- For catering through the Yale-NUS dining vendor, SATS, please email Kayla Low at KahYan_Low@sats.com.sg.
- Limits for student events:
- Breakfast, snacks, or tea: No more than $10/student
- Lunch: No more than $15/student
- Dinner: No more than $20/student
How do I book a bus for my event?
- Only for large-scale events with DOS approval
- You can approach these 3 bus vendors that Yale-NUS often uses for a quote: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
How can I start a website for my student organisation under the Yale-NUS domain?
How can I create a student organisation email address under the yale-nus.edu.sg domain?
- Please write to Petrina Loh, Manager of Student Orgs, with the following information: the student owner’s name, student owner’s NUSNET ID, matric card number, and student organisation’s display name.
- After receiving an approval email from Petrina Loh, please forward the email thread to firstname.lastname@example.org, writing that you are requesting to create a student organisation’s email under yale-nus.edu.sg domain.