Students in Yale-NUS College have access to the basic health services from the Health Centre, which is located within the Health & Wellness Centre and is staffed with a Health Coordinator, who is a Registered Nurse. Students are free to walk-in during operating hours or schedule an appointment with the Health Coordinator through email. For walk-ins, you may want to call ahead and check if the Health Coordinator is around.
- Basic first aid treatment for injuries such as cuts, abrasions, lacerations, sprains, etc.
- Over-the-counter medications for simple ailments
- Life-saving treatment/equipment: Nebulizer (evidence of prescription needed) & AED
- Advice on health, weight management, smoking cessation, etc.
- Health related information, such as sexual health screening, travel medicine, occupational health, vaccination, first aid supplies, etc.
- Assistance in understanding and facilitation of student insurance claims, including medical outpatient/specialist/hospitalisation/personal accident & travel insurances provided by the College/NUS. Submission of claim has to be done by the individual at the University Health Centre (UHC).
- Completion of travel health declaration forms. The individual needs to ensure that the hosting parties will accept a sign off by a Registered Nurse.
The Health Centre cannot provide medical certificates or prescription medication.